Learn to swim with an ASSA Member Swim School
ASSA: the Peak Industry Body – for Swim Schools – for the community
Leadership through Inspiration, Advocacy and Service
Inspiration: Education, conferences, seminars, PD, Ideas, Networking, Thinking
Advocacy: Legislation, Compliance, IR, Tax, Media, stimulus packages
Service: Expert support/buying power/customer lead generation/Guidelines
The Australian Swim Schools Association Ltd (ASSA) a not for profit, aims to enhance learn to swim and water safety practices, primarily via its network of Member Swim Schools. As the Peak Industry Body for Swim Schools, ASSA are:
- “the learn to swim experts”,
- the national authority on the teaching of swimming and water safety in Swim Schools, and
- the leading Industry advocate body for Swim Schools in Australia.
ASSA is uniquely, solely focused on Swim Schools. It is the only body in Australia with a Constitution where Swim Schools are the voting members.
ASSA is on a quest to permanently reduce drowning deaths in Australia.
Our Swim School’s 1100 network alone, boasts over 1,000,000 families regularly taking part in swimming and water safety lessons.
To this end we:
- Engage at various levels with Swim Schools that meet industry standards after referencing with various relevant bodies.
- Promote the many excellent benefits for all of learning swimming and water safety, and
- Provide the Member Swim Schools with products, services and professional development programs to significantly enhance their operation.
We aim to:
- Promote learning to swim on a national basis, with an emphasis on the life-long health, safety, fun and fitness benefits of swimming.
- Improve access to swimming and water safety lessons for all,
- Educate on water safety,
- Recognise programs teaching swimming that meet prescribed guidelines,
- Aid in the development of the teaching and management expertise of such programs, and
- Enhance the viability of such programs